The Ontario Working Group on Criminal Law and HIV Exposure came together in 2007 to oppose the expansive use of the criminal law to address HIV non-disclosure.
We are people living with HIV and representatives from many community-based AIDS organizations from across Ontario. We support a comprehensive evaluation of how Canada’s criminal law is being applied in Ontario.
We advocate for sound policy responses to HIV prevention and transmission—based on the best available evidence, grounded in proven HIV prevention, care, treatment and support programs, and respectful of the human rights of people living with and vulnerable to HIV.
- Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network
- Positive Youth Outreach
- AIDS Committee of Toronto
- Prisoners HIV/AIDS Support Action Network
- Ontario AIDS Network
- Africans in Partnership Against AIDS
- Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention
- AIDS Committee Simcoe County
- Toronto People With AIDS Foundation
- Asian Community AIDS Services
- HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic (Ontario) - HALCO
- Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention
- AIDS Action Now!
- COCQ-SIDA (Coalition des organismes communautaires Québécois de lutte contre le sida)
- Eric Mykhalovskiy, Associate Professor, York University
- Glenn Betteridge, Community Member
- Rob Alexander, Community Member